Top News Stories...
This week, TheMat.com will move to the USOC platform, with a new look, new functionality, but with the same favorite features....
Shockley will succeed long-time chairman Jim Keen. Sr. as Chairman of the Board....
The Hawkeye senior will battle Virginia Tech's Devin Carter in the NWCA All-Star Classic on Saturday....
Cleveland, Kansas City, Louisville, New York City, Oklahoma City, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia & St. Louis are Div. I finalists. Div. II and III finalists also announced....
|USA Wrestling Job Opportunity: National Manager of Coaches Education|
By USA Wrestling
USAW Job Opportunity
Position Title: National Manager of Coaches Education
Department: State Services
Job Responsibility: USA Wrestling is seeking a self-motivated, highly energetic, qualified individual who seeks to make a difference in the sport of amateur wrestling, and is committed to develop, promote and implement strategies that will enhance USA Wrestling's National Coaches Education Program (NCEP). The qualified individual will be responsible for managing the day-to-day responsibilities and activities associated with the NCEP. In addition, the qualified individual will be responsible for staying current on coaching strategies, coach education techniques, working closely with the National coaching staff, effectively communicating and working with USAW State Association Coaches Directors and developing programs to increase the opportunities and number of NCEP certified coaches.
• Conduct an annual Silver Level Coaches College
• Coordinate annual Coaches Apprentice Program opportunities
• Conduct annual Fall Clinics
• Expansion of USAW’s Core Curriculum Series
• Produce educational materials and flyers for member coaches
• Maintain USAW's Regional and Junior Olympic Training Center program and assist with USAW developmental camps
• Conduct coaches education webinars
• Provide guidance in how to conduct coaches education clinics
• Revision of bronze level manual & implementation of online bronze testing
• Maintain an accurate and organized inventory of NCEP materials and supplies
• Account for all NCEP funds received for camps and clinics
• Develop and maintain NCEP budget
• A bachelor’s degree in education, sports management, or related fields
• Ability to travel, work weekends and some evenings is required
• Computer skills are required (graphic design, desktop publishing, database development and management skills preferred)
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
• Must be self-motivated and be willing to develop and present creative and innovative ideas related to the education of coaches at various levels of development
• Must have organizational skills and be able to maintain clear concise files and records
• Ability to work with diverse groups of individuals, volunteers and business professionals, and exhibit the ability to work as a team player, communicate effectively orally and in written form, and interject new ideas and concepts
• Have excellent public speaking qualities and be confident in various settings in conducting NCEP clinics
Application Process: Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and three references to: Tony Black, firstname.lastname@example.org, USA Wrestling, 6155 Lehman Drive, Colorado Springs, Colorado 80918. Review of applications will begin immediately. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.